The Franchise Education & Research Foundation’s mission is to advance franchising and the free enterprise system. The Foundation achieves its mission by:
- Increasing the knowledge and professional standards of the franchising community.
- Educating future franchise practitioners.
- Increasing recognition of franchising’s key role in the free enterprise system.
- Providing comprehensive information and research about important developments and trends in franchising.
The Foundation is supported by the International Franchise Association (IFA) and others. In 2015, the Foundation inaugurated the Franchising Gives Back Annual Awards to recognize the best, most innovative community leaders and charitable programs nationwide.
Nominees are considered for awards in 5 categories:
- Spirit of Franchising Award. Acknowledging the charitable or community program that best embodies the spirit of franchising contributing to the community.
- The Newcomer Award. Recognizes a new program that has made a significant local impact.
- Enduring Impact Award. Honors an exceptional program running for a minimum of five consecutive years.
- Support Our Veterans Award. Acknowledges the program that best supports the U.S. military, their families, and the local community.
- Innovation and Impact Award. Honors the program that makes the most of limited resources.
Nominees are accepted annually from February to June with the winners announced at a dinner and awards celebration during the IFA’s Franchise Action Network Annual Meeting.